10 Things Ones Enneagram Type Can Do To Help Themselves Grow
- Use resentment and suppressed anger and guilt as clues to your denied wants and needs.
- Appreciate that there is more than one right way to do things and that others’ “wrong” ways
simply represent individual differences in approach.
- Learn to accept and forgive imperfections in yourself and others.
- Find a friend or therapist who can help you depersonalize issues for which you are blaming
yourself or others.
- Join a group which encourages expression of immediate emotions, including anger, in a safe
- Notice your thinking in terms of either/or, right/wrong and include more sides to the story.
- Notice how you may procrastinate if you are worried about getting everything right down to
- Take time to observe the critical mind in action, and dis-identify with it – use it to remind
yourself of your achievements and skills.
- Put play, pleasure and relaxation on your list of “oughts” until you can allow them for their
- Make “harmless” mistakes on purpose and notice the effect. Ask yourself if making a small
mistake is really such a big deal.