Most people don’t have a personal mission statement which is why I am including some here
based on each Enneagram type’s innate gifts, talents, interests and values. A personal mission
statement is nothing more than a brief written statement of your overall purpose in life, your
personal vision for who you want to be in and for the world. Helen Keller once said, “The most
pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight but has no vision.” I would use the word
pitiable (as in evoking compassion) instead of pathetic but otherwise I agree with her. Without a
“why” to live for that makes a contribution life quickly becomes empty and meaningless.
You may notice a repeating theme.
- My mission is to bring more happiness and laughter into the world
- My mission is to take people on exciting, adventurous trips all around the world
- My mission is to share my passion for skydiving with people by teaching it
- My mission is to inspire and empower people to go after ALL of their dreams and goals
- My mission is to make people laugh by telling them hilarious stories and jokes
- My mission is to experience a little bit of everything that life has to offer…. and then go
back for seconds!
- My mission is to inspire and empower people to exercise and take care of their bodies
- My mission is to give my kids a well-rounded childhood by offering them opportunities to
participate in or experience a wide variety of cultural events, sports, courses, camps,
classes, concerts, movies, museums, books, plays, countries, etc.
- My mission is to open up a restaurant where people can have fun experiencing foods and
beverages from all over the world
- My mission is to open up a New Age life balance center where people can learn to meditate
and chant, do yoga, learn Ayurveda, and rejuvenate their body with various spa treatments